Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Going to hike the Juan de Fuca!

Kate and I are going to hike the Juan de Fuca trail next week. We've obsessed about the exact plans for long enough to have thoroughly gotten ourselves prepared... at least we hope so. The plan is to arrive at China Beach on monday, as early as possible with a drive from Campbell River, approximately four to five hours away. Then we hike seven kilometers to the first camping spot. Four more days of hiking should put us somewhere near the end, in Port Renfrew. Then it's time to hitchike or find some way to get back to our car, 52 km to the south, by Friday evening. Then one last night of camping and we're rushing back home so that we can go see Caillie's (my little sister) dance performance. Should be a whirlwind tour and a hell of a good change from my usual day in front of the computer.
Unfortunately, getting ready to go means trying to finish up all my projects at work, so I've been putting in ten or eleven hour days, which can get pretty old. Ah well, such is life, at least I feel needed.
One final note, I plan on adding photographs to this blog soon, as I am planning on getting a digital SLR, likely a Nikon D50, as a birthday present to me.

Well, better get back to cleaning out the frog's tank... gotta name him soon.

No comments: